Home / WINE / UNITED STATES / DIRTY & ROWDY SEMILLON
DIRTY & ROWDY SEMILLON

DIRTY & ROWDY SEMILLON

CA$55.40
Winery notes:

Alcohol: 10.67%

Total Production: 430 cases of the wild and wooly.

Two suggestions (“rules” sounds too harsh) for our Semillon:

1. Do not serve the Semillon ice-cold / straight from the ‘fridge (cool, is ok. Cellar temp is “wayyy ok”).
2. A 1-2 hour decant is ideal. If unable to do so – even 15 minutes of air makes a significant difference.
Atomized river stones, fennel bulb, basil lemonade, and Belgian sour aromatics – lightweight, with a broad palate filled with sweet and sour citrus, and cool rock. Though savage in appearance, there is a line of focus that runs from snout to tail, stone to stars… It is as if Copernicus himself was raised by wolves!! This Semillon is a wine for those who stare into the depth of the universe and say “ohhhh yeah” vs “ohhhh no.” 75% of this wine was fermented on its skins for 16 days. 25% of the wine was direct to press fermented in a concrete egg tank (no skin contact).

Vinification Method: 80% of the fruit was fermented on its skins in an open top tank through primary fermentation (about 2wks) and pressed off into old oak barrels. The other 20% of the fruit was pressed off immediately upon arrival to the winery into a concrete egg shaped tank where it fermented and rested until being blended with the skin fermented lot before bottling. Native fermentation. Unfined and unfiltered, with minimal effective sulfites.

Elevage: Two barrels (100% neutral French oak) and one 160 gallon concrete egg (racked into 3 neutral French oak barrels post fermentation)

Color de vino recommends